Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday!!

IMG_0226

We actually got to spend Mattie's birthday with her this year! The big 5 years old! I seriously can't believe she's 5. I remember the day she was born. I remember holding and rocking her when she was a fussy little baby. I remember watching her learn how to walk. I swear she was more like my own baby than my little sister. It's so fun to be able to watch a sister grow like this, something not many siblings get to have.

Mattie is as sassy and smart as ever. She's already in kindergarten and loving it. She's pretty popular among the neighborhood kids and the boys at school (watch out!).  She's smart and beautiful and girlie and funny. I miss her so so sooo much!! She's really tall, too! I swear by the time she's 10 she'll be taller than me. Easily.

After my failed attempt at making Swiss buttercream frosting (in my defense I tried to whip it by hand because my mom didn't have a mixer. Epic FAIL.) my mom went and bought her a cake with roses. Mattie also wanted to put some little animals on the cake like she had seen at her friend's birthday.

IMG_0611

IMG_0615

IMG_0619

IMG_0621

IMG_0624

IMG_0639

IMG_0646

I'm so glad we got to spend her birthday with her!

IMG_0649

No comments: