Friday, January 7, 2011

Sad Christmas News

191

Although our kids enjoyed Christmas (and Tyler and I, too) Danielle and I had an aunt die on Christmas Eve. Our dad called us on Christmas Day to tell us she had passed away in the night. She was my dad's sister. Less than a year earlier her husband had passed away, too. She was only 67. Danielle and I were able to attend the wake while we were there. We got to see our cousins and aunts and uncles, and an uncle I hadn't seen since I was a baby.

It's hard to say the right words when it comes to an unexpected premature death. It must have been her time because how else can you explain it? It makes me wonder how some people are meant to experience and work through so much loss in their lives. My cousin Anthony, one of my aunt's sons, has seen his wife, his father and his mother pass on. He must be stronger than me because I'm not sure how I'd bounce back from that.

My Aunt Anna was a wonderful cook. A compassionate caretaker. She was a seamstress for a long time while we were little and she would make us beautiful coats and dresses. I wish I had gotten around to seeing her before she died while we were there, but I have great memories of her to keep with me. My heart is with my cousins who are now parentless (grown up, but none-the-less, parentless). I'm hoping their grief is short. I'm glad I have the knowledge that families can be together forever.

Here is her obituary:

Anna Maria Infante

August 12, 1943 - December 25, 2010

Anna Maria Sanzari Infante, 67, of Glen Haven Road, East Haven passed away Saturday, December 25, 2010 at her home. She was the wife of the late Antonio Infante. Born in Benevento, Italy on August 12, 1943; a daughter of the late Salvatore and Anna Iacobucci Sanzari. Anna Maria had worked as a sewing machine operator for the former Robby Len Co. and later had been working for National Filter Media. Mother of Massimo (Angela Belli) Infante of North Haven and Anthony Infante of East Haven. Sister of Raffaele (Francesca) Sanzari of France, Maria (Vincenzo) Terlizzi of Benevento, Nicola (Carmela) Sanzari of Cheshire, Dolores (Bruno) Ferrucci of West Haven and Domenico (Margaret Amore) Sanzari of Clinton. Also survived by many nieces and nephews. Her Funeral Procession will leave the North Haven Funeral Home, 36 Washington Ave., Wednesday morning at 9:15. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated in St. Michael’s Church, New Haven at 10:00. Entombment will follow in the All Saints Mausoleum. The visiting hours will be Tuesday from 4 to 8 pm.

No comments: