Saturday, June 19, 2010

Star of India

Tyler and I try to get down to San Diego as much as we can. We like to walk along the bay and check out the boats and the sites. The famous Star of India ship is down there and to Max it looks like a real pirate ship. We finally decided to take him on it. He was in Heaven.

IMG_0159

IMG_0160

IMG_0161

Lia took a turn at the wheel, too. She was pretty excited to be able to run around and follow Max everywhere.
IMG_0162

IMG_0168

IMG_0176

I can't tell you how many times I tell people my name and I get the "Nina, Pinta, Santa Maria" jokes.
IMG_0174

After the ship we went to the Russian Submarine that is also sitting in the harbor. And that's one place I never have to go again. Just thinking about it again makes me shudder. It was so cramped and closed in. I mean, look at the potty! Scary!

IMG_0193

The kids had fun climbing through the manholes and pulling the levers.

IMG_0187 IMG_0185

IMG_0186 IMG_0189

We also got to go on the HMS Surprise. They filmed the movie "Master and Commander" on it. It was just like the Star of India. I'm not a big boat person, but the kids had fun and Max thought it was so cool to go on a real pirate ship. It was a pretty fun day with the family!

No comments: