Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's raining it's pouring!

And I let my kids play outside! With the El Nino storms coming and raining us in (I know, I shouldn't complain about 5 days of rain, but for kids and moms that are used to being able to go outside daily and let their kids run, it's tough!) Both of them thought it was pretty much the best thing ever. Lia especially. She would fall face first into a giant puddle, get covered in mud and gunk and get up laughing hysterically. The pictures aren't great because I only had my Blackberry outside. I didn't want to bring my camera out in the downpour.

IMG00130

IMG00129
That's mud on her face. She could care less.

IMG00127
The deepest part of this puddle was up to Lia's thighs. She would just try to run back and forth in it and fall over laughing.

IMG00125
Max definitely loved splashing in all the puddles. And I mean splashing. Everywhere.

IMG00124
I invested in some rain boots for her after this. If it ever rains again this winter it'll be a little nicer for her.

IMG00123

They had the best time. And got warm baths afterward, seeing as how Lia looked like this.
IMG_0293

1 comment:

csavoldi said...

Okay, this is a true sign that your kids are deprived! A rain puddle is a novelty?!? :-)