Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Tree

We had our annual trip to Home Depot to get our Christmas tree. I know it sounds kind of lame to get your tree at Home Depot, but I think it's a step up from a fake tree AND they have really nice looking trees that are pretty cheap. Max was pretty funny. Since I had my camera with me he made me take pictures of him posing with all the holiday stuff.

DSCN0364
Max and giant candy canes.

DSCN0368
Max and giant Santa.

DSCN0370
Max and giant Frosty (or as he would say "giant Crosty" or "giant Frosting" -- just depends on the day).

Anyway, once the posing and picture taking had finished we found a really great looking tree tucked way back in the corner of the lot, all by itself. We promptly took it home and decorated it. Danielle helped too!

_MG_5148 _MG_5161

Max was very precise with the placing of the ornaments. I was pretty excited that I finally got to hang my Christmas ornaments on our tree! My mom had given me two boxes of ornaments from my childhood and after waiting awhile to get them back from Northern California (where they were forgotten on our move 3 years ago -- not by me) I finally got to put them on the tree!!

_MG_5149

Here's one that I totally remember gluing together. Not the greatest looking thing, but it's the memory attached to it that means a lot to me. I'm nostalgic, what can I say.

_MG_5150

Lia's favorite thing was grabbing as many ornaments as she could reach and throwing them at the tree. I don't think she broke any, but she sure didn't like us telling her to stop. Hence the beginning of a large pout.
_MG_5141 _MG_5144

_MG_5147

_MG_5136

And this is what you get when you drag out the tree decorating for too long passed bedtime.
_MG_5164

Anyway, I love our tree. I can't wait to see all the presents underneath!

No comments: