Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Terrible Mother

Yup. That's me! What was I thinking when I put my sweet little girl up on our counter in her little seat to have some lunch while I stayed within arms reach of her to put the groceries away? Hmm... I think I thought, since I'm right here she'll be fine. She's eating so she's concentrating. The counter is really low. And then I turned my back. And I heard a sickening crash and turned around and saw Lia was no longer on the counter, but smooshed underneath her little highchair all twisted and screaming. Boy did I want to panic!! But I didn't. I picked her up, checked for bleeding, and tried to calm her down, all while trying to get Tyler on the phone and calling my neighbor to ask her if I should take her into the ER. I eventually got a hold of her pediatrician and he said we should have her checked out. Long story short, she was totally fine, not even a bruise or bump!! She's a tough little thing! She has to be to have a mom like me.

DSCN0077 Taken right before the fall.

DSCN0085 After a few hours in the ER.

1 comment:

sally said...

love the chubby leg -- too cute