Monday, July 13, 2009

Driving South: Philadelphia, PA

Thanks to Tyler's aunt and uncle in North Carolina we got to drive from my parents' place in Connecticut down through Philadelphia and Washington DC to their house in North Carolina. It was sooo fun to have a little family vacation together just the four of us!!

We stopped in Philadelphia on the way to Washington DC where we stayed the first night. We had just enough time to get a cheese steak and see the Liberty Bell. Tyler ordered the cheese steak wrong despite the explicit directions written on a HUGE sign. So we ended up with a pepper steak covered in cheese whiz. It was delicious!! Apparently Philly hospitality includes being yelled at and not caring about screwing up your order. I think it's charming!
_MG_3716 _MG_3717
Apprently I was too busy eating to take a picture of the actual food.

_MG_3726 _MG_3729
The Liberty Bell was packed with people, including a giant group of Japanese tourists who were really annoying and kept hogging all the kid photo-op space. I was a little confused as to why the Liberty Bell would be so exciting to them anyway.

_MG_3746
And I think this is Congress Hall where the Continental Congress met to write a bunch of important things -- I really should study up on my American History.

No comments: