Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Another Connecticut Vacation

We spent the first two weeks of July visiting my family in Connecticut. I was excited to go this year since we would be there for the Fourth of July -- something I hadn't done in about 6 or 7 years! And it was so nice to see my parents and my grandmother and the rest of the family and especially Mattie Rose who is so big now I can hardly believe it!

I'll let the pictures do the talking (I took hundreds of course!)

One Sunday we went for a picnic in Elizabeth Park. It's this gorgeous park a couple blocks from my parents' house in West Hartford. We had sandwiches and played baseball with the kids.

_MG_3483 _MG_3513

_MG_3493

_MG_3485

_MG_3496

_MG_3523

Lia had her first taste of ice cream. I know, she's probably a little too young, but it was hot and she just stares at your food with these little puppy eyes! You can't say no to that face!
_MG_3538 _MG_3540 _MG_3526

_MG_3524 _MG_3530 _MG_3531

I think she pretty much loved it! Actually, we got a lot of ice cream while we were there! It's soo good there. I don't know, something about it is so much better than ice cream here. It's always fresh and cold. My parents live down the road from this little dairy farm that makes it's own ice cream. And I got maple walnut!!!!!!!!! The BEST flavor of ice cream in the whole wide world!!!!!

_MG_3546

_MG_3552

_MG_3549
Big grown up girl!

One night we went to Margaret's house for steamers and pizza. Oh man, I ate SOOO many steamers!! And the pizza was awesome of course. We stuffed ourselves. And then we went for ice cream of course! And Max got to ride this cute little carousel. You think he was happy about it?
_MG_3654

_MG_3653

Going for the ring!
_MG_3679

It took him forever to get the ring! But he didn't give up and he finally got it! He was so excited, he thought it was so fun doing that.
_MG_3681

And of course Lia Bia loved all the attention she got!
_MG_3668 _MG_3645 _MG_3664

Another day while we were there we had my grandmother and her two oldest old lady friends come up to my mom's house for lunch and to see the kids. We actually had a pretty good time despite serving tomato sandwhiches to people who don't like tomoatoes! (I know, so weird). Anyway, while they were visiting this seriously wild storm whipped up and passed over. The power went out and it was pouring and the wind was blowing soo hard! We heard a huge thud but didn't think much of it at the time. When the storm was over we went out to see what had happened and we found this!

_MG_3687

_MG_3692
That is a whole tree! Ripped right out by the roots from the wind and rain. Crazy, huh? It didn't hit any houses or cars thankfully. It was so crazy to see this HUGE tree laying on it's side like that!

_MG_3706
We had a lot of fun with Mattie Rose and the rest of the family while we were there. It was nice to see that Max and Mattie played nicer with each other this time. And it was fun to watch them interact. We miss everyone a lot! I wish Connecticut wasn't so dang far! But hopefully we will come visit again soon.

No comments: