Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Weekenders

Yes, that's me and Tyler. Thanks to Tyler's mom for coming down and staying the weekend with the kids, Tyler and I did a little overnight trip in San Diego. We didn't go far just in case Lia needed us at home (we really weren't sure how she'd be for someone else). We had a great time. We stayed downtown in the Westin Grand at Horton Plaza, played Rock Band until the wee hours of the night (11:30 -- sad), had an amazing dinner at an Italian place downtown and an even more amazing breakfast at The Hash House.

_MG_3739

Seriously people. Go here. You will wait a long time, but you will devour every single wonderful bite and not regret it. Tyler's plate was so pretty! That's basted eggs on top of mashed potatoes, spinach, tomatoes... a roasted red pepper cream sauce... OH MAN. Sooo good!!
_MG_3745

I got an egg scramble with ground turkey, swiss cheese and broccoli, a homemade biscuit... okay, I need to stop writing about it because it's making me SOOO hungry!!
_MG_3763

Funny how the only pictures I have are of the food we ate. We had a great little weekend just hanging out the two of us, without kids and nap times and meltdowns. We definitely need to do it again soon. (Obviously I'm not one of those moms who feels guilty about leaving my kids to have a little time for myself. More moms should be like this.)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I definitely need a weekend like that!

Chews said...

ooo can we go here when alice and i visit?