Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lia's New Bling

00010

Yeah. We did it. I couldn't help it!! I listened to both sides. I made an informed decision. And it was not bad AT ALL. She cried for maybe a minute and then was laughing at us. And she doesn't even know how awesome she looks. Plus, her little ears stick out there a little bit so why not decorate them? See for yourselves!

00009

00003

The main reason I did it was because I remember as a 5 year old getting my ears pierced. And to this day I can't walk by that jewelry shop in Branford without getting sweaty. It was really traumatizing. I still wish I could wear earrings (I'm allergic to everything. Every few years I try to get them pierced again but I haven't found anything that has worked). Maybe I am living a little vicariously through my baby girl. But hey, she might be my only baby girl ever and dang it, I'm going to relish in every little girlie moment with her -- bling and all.

00002

Plus, now I hardly ever get asked how old "HE" is. Although, I did have a very unfriendly German woman tell me that I had the biggest 3 month old she'd ever seen and that she would probably grow up to be obese. Um...

5 comments:

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

Those are so cute! Madie got her ears pierced around the same time- it is adorable! We had to wait until we were 10- LAME! haha. She looks good!

Lindsay said...

who are these freaks who think it's okay to tell you your child is going to be obese? what a ridiculous prediction. lia's SO cute.

Tiffany said...

I love the bling. and stupid german person!

joanie said...

people say the stupidest things. The bling is darling - you're the mom, you can do anything you want.

Hailey said...

SO- your g chat status.... details please. That's all I will say.