Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Tagging #2

I've been tagged a lot lately!! Good thing I looove tags!!

Favorite Person (outside of family)? Hmm... this is a hard one. I don't have a lot of favorite people right now since I'm so full of rageful pregnancy hormones, but I'd have to say (okay, I seriously had to sleep on this before I answered) my neighbors. I love going outside after naps and talking with them and letting our kids play.

Favorite Food? Chinese food. Hands down. I could eat it every day. I also really enjoy watermelon and apples. I'm a big pasta fan, too.

Quirks about you? I have to have the bed sheets JUST RIGHT before I can get into bed or I get seriously stressed and can't sleep. I hate watching people shave. I get so grossed out by shaving commercials sometimes I feel like I want to barf. I like things to be very neat and tidy and have their own place. If things are out of place I get very crazy. I don't like sharing a bed... okay, so this list could go on for a while.

Any regrets in life? No. No regrets. I know this is cliche but the stuff I've done and haven't done has really shaped who I am today and I like who I am (not that I don't need work) but I'm happy.

Favorite Charity/Cause? I really love Habitat for Humanity. I think they do a lot of really really good things for people all over the world.

Favorite Blog recently? Loving this one -- ORANGE

Something you can't get enough of? Alone time. Especially right now since Max is being so clingy. I love alone time, down time, going to target without kids time. Sure, it's a little selfish, but I'm not supermom and I get bogged down and need a break.

Worst Job you've ever had? I've had a lot of mediocre jobs, but I have to say, hands down, worst job is when I worked for a day as a migrant field hand. We were stuck in a miserably hot warehouse for 14 hours wrapping bouquets of roses. I was the only one who spoke English (although most of the women insisted I spoke Spanish) and my hands were so cut up from the thorns I couldn't hold a pencil for days. It was awful. Although, I did earn a new respect for people who have to do that to survive.

What job would you pay not to have?
Investment Banker
Politician
Lumberjack
Field worker

Guilty Pleasure?
I'd have to say Coke, especially Vanilla Coke. Or donuts. I love donuts. OO, or maybe Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Or watching Grey's Anatomy. Okay, so I have a lot.

Got any confessions?
Okay okay, so I yelled at an old lady at the grocery store today. Like really yelled. Rudely. I was tired, Max was whining, and she was blocking the whole aisle with her shopping cart and I asked her a few times to please excuse us and she pretended not to hear my so I pushed her cart with mine and yelled that just because she's 80 years old doesn't mean she can take up a whole aisle at the grocery store!! She heard me that time. Yes yes, I do feel bad now, but I couldn't help it -- the hormones!!

If you had $1000 dollars to spend on yourself how would you spend it? New clothes. Lots of them. I love new clothes. And a pedicure. Or maybe I'd take me and Tyler to Italy -- nah, definitely new clothes.

Favorite thing about your house?
My comfy couch I got on eBay for $32. It's sooo squishy and nice and I love it. And the little low counter top we have that looks really weird but is perfect for a 5 footer like me. Oh and the massive amounts of closet space.

Least favorite thing about your house? The noise, the carpet, the cobwebs that get caught in our vaulted ceiling corners, the neighbors (just kidding!!)

One thing you are bad at? Being a mom. I'm not a great one. I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants and screw up a lot. This is directly related to the fact that I have NO patience. My biggest fault. But I am working it, promise!

One thing you are good at? Cooking. I think I have a love and appreciate for cooking and ingredients and foods that runs deep into my veins that only a true foodie can understand. Also, I'm good at not panicking during emergencies.

If you could change one thing about your circumstances, what would it be? We would have money. Not be filthy rich but just not have to worry every single day that we won't make ends meet. It's a stressful condition. If it was up to me we'd have enough money so that we wouldn't worry about it -- EVER.

Who would you like to meet someday?
Oh, so many people... Oprah, MLK, George Bush, my grandpa, Jesus, the guy who invented zippers, the guy who invented brownies...

What makes you feel sexy? Being thin. I haven't been thin in a while (I used to be). But being thin and wearing a cute outfit makes me feel good. Is that the same as sexy?

Who is your real life hero? Mr. Rogers. Does this really need an explanation?

What is the hardest part of your job? Nothing easy about being a mom. Having patience and not getting down on Max for acting out. Being a photographer is hard, too. It's stressful making sure you get things just right for your client. But I love doing both, so how hard can it really be?

When are you most relaxed? When the house is clean, Max is sleeping and all my chores and errands are done. (Yeah, right, like that ever actually happens). When I'm doing crafts I'm pretty relaxed.

What can you not live without? My Tyler and my Max (we'll see how this new baby fits in). I swear they make my days so much better (even though I complain a lot). I can't imagine what my life would be without them.

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists? Completely agree (although I didn't read the article). But I don't think it's a bad thing. There isn't much we do these days that doesn't have some element of narcissism. It's human nature. I don't think most people are consciously saying "HEY, LOOK AT ME!!" when they write their blogs, but I do think that the voyeuristic nature of blogs lends itself to narcissism.

Why do you blog? To keep a record of the things that happen to my Max and our little family. I use this mostly as a baby "book" for Maddox to look back on and remember all the fun things we did and all the silly personality quirks he had. Plus, it's a good creative outlet for me, too.

Who are you tagging? Tammy, Linn Allen and Chelsea.

2 comments:

sally said...

hey nina, this was a fun, enlightening tag. i love your answers :)

Jen said...

Awesome tag! So many of your answers are almost identical to what I would answer!