Friday, May 16, 2008

Funny Things Max Says

Maddox has said some funny stuff lately. He is constantly picking up new things and repeating them. It gets a little scary when we are out in public and he over hears dirty teenagers talking or even stuff on the news. Distraction works wonders sometimes!

1. I was trying on some pants at Target the other day and there were two girls in the stall next to me giggling and laughing and one of them said, "Ooo! That's sexy." And Max looks at me and says, "Mama! Ooo, SESSY!!!"

2. When he wanted a snack he used to say, "nack! nack!" Lately he's been trying to say the s at the end of snacks but he forgets to say the n sound and it comes out sounding like, "SEX." The other day in church Max wanted a snack and he started yelling "sex!! sex!! sex!!" at the top of his little lungs.


3. He's been very obsessed with princesses lately. I know, I know. I'm not that concerned because I think he's been watching so much Shrek lately that he can identify the princess really easily (and by a lot I mean like 52 times a day). Anyway, we were in Carter's the other day buying new pajamas for him and he saw this poofy little girl dress and he says, "Mama! Princess dress for Max!" He was very upset when I told him he couldn't have the dress. He really really wanted it.

4. We bought Max a few new pairs of pajamas because he had been complaining a lot about his feet in his other ones. They were definitely too small for him and his feet were all cramped in the footies. So we got him new ones that are two piece without feet. Anyway, he is now obsessed with wearing new jammies. When we want to get him in the bath, we bribe him with new jammies. He cries bloody murder when we have to get him dressed in the morning and take his new jammies off. All day long he talks about "put on my new jammies!!!" This kid takes after me on this one -- I wish I could wear new jammies all day long, too!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

I have to be more careful when reading your blog--when I read the lines about yelling in church and asking for a princess dress I almost busted out laughing, right in the middle of the silent office.

sally said...

i love this little boy and i love his mother for all the blogs with videos and pictures...thank you nina! the skateboard thing is adorable...six in church --hmmm...what church you go to? JK with much love, grammie aka the pajama-LOVER !

sally said...

whooops...i meant "sex" in church! ha ...