Friday, February 29, 2008

Utah fun! And Rob is married!!

A few weeks ago Tyler and I took a mini vacation to Utah to attend one of our best friend's wedding. Rob is one of the last of us to finally get hitched and we wanted to celebrate with him and our good friends from Berkeley. It was soooo fun!! Not to mention that we didn't have Max with us for a WHOLE weekend. We missed him terribly, but we were glad to get away for a little while just the two of us. (And a HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to my sister Danielle for watching Maddox. She watched him the whole weekend for us and consequently Max fell in love and asks for her every single day).

Anyway, Utah was awesome. We stayed one night in Vegas and then drove the rest of the way to SLC. I really really loved Salt Lake City. It's clean and gorgeous with the mountains all around and everything. And there was real snow on the ground. But man was it COLD. I'm such a softie now for living in Southern California for this long.

We went to the Salt Lake Temple which was awesome. And then to Rob and Whitney's wedding reception. It was lovely. They had a mashed potato bar that was yummy and Nancy, Tawni and I had fun taking pictures and laughing. It was seriously so nice to see our friends again. I forgot how much I really love all those people.

On Saturday Tyler went snowboarding with the guys and Nancy and I hung out in downtown SLC, bride stalking at the Temple and shopping. We took a lot of pictures and probably looked ridiculous. Nancy and Tawni are probably more obsessed with taking pictures than me -- and that's hard to beat. That night we met up with Tyler's brother Cory and his roommate (also from CT -- word) and we all went to dinner at Cafe Rio. It was deee-lish!!

We had a great time (even though the drive was long, really really long) and we were sad to say goodbye. I hope we can have another reunion soon! And congrats to Rob and Whitney!!

4 comments:

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

Fun Vacation! If you think Utah is cold, you should come to Rexburg!! (no you shouldn't, it is too miserable.) SO- where in Cali do you live? Brandon got an offer in Irvine...

Tiffany said...

I love the pictures. I am so happy that you guys had so much fun. And to have a weekend without Max must had been a treat. yaya for babysitters. We should go to conference together sometime! It would be super fun!

Nancy said...

i think i see dust on my lens. harrumph.

it was a super fun weekend! i want to go stalk some more brides.

Rob said...

Thanks for coming out to our wedding. You guys are amazing and I love ya.