Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Phew! We made it to 18 Months!


Woah, can you believe Maddox is 18 months old? I can't. Time has flown by (although sometimes not fast enough). Baby Max is growing into quite the young little dude. He's such a toddler playing with his trucks and cars (or as he says "caauus" -- I think he might be one of those kids that doesn't pronounce his r's for a while. I think that is adorable -- no surprise there)! He really is the joy of our lives. He is funny and sweet and playful and devious and smart... I could go on and on really.


For a little update his current stats are 21 pounds and 30 inches. That's roughly the size of a one year old. So yeah, he's still a little guy but that just makes him that much cuter. He wears size 5 shoes and has a shoe obsession. He's very particular about which shoes he wears when. He now has 8 teeth with two more on the way -- FINALLY!!!! I think he really enjoys biting and chewing now.


He says a TON of words. Not all of them are totally clear, but I can understand them. There's a list on the side here, but more are added daily. He will surprise me with the strangest words some days. Today he said "wan fressh frish" -- he wanted french fries. And considering how "french fry" was my first word, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

He loves to wear hats and carries around my empty purses calling them "bye-byes". He still loves his baths and playing outside, especially at the park where he has total freedom to do and run and play. He's a picky eater, to my utter shock and disappointment. But he does love fruits and vegetables so I can't complain too much.

His favorite shows are "Super Why", "Jay Jay the Jet Plane" (a super creepy show about planes with faces -- shudder), "Sesame Street" and "Thomas". He also enjoys watching over and over "Finding Nemo" (meee-mooo), "Ratatouille", "Monster's Inc." and "Robin Hood" (a new favorite he got for Christmas).

He loves playing with other kids! Seriously it's one of his favorite things. His little face just lights up when he sees other kids playing and follows them around (but not annoyingly). He especially loves his "She-she" (see below -- he's goin' in for a hug). He used to hug and kiss her all the time. Now he thinks it's funny to run away when you ask him for a kiss.


This boy is the most wonderful little thing ever (that's not to say he doesn't have his moments, because oh goodness does he EVER have his moments). But he is happy and sweet and loving and feisty and bold and determined and stubborn as all get out. He is the center of our world and we wouldn't have it any other way!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That was some major blogging and I love it! I just have to agree with you that your little boy is so hilarious and absolutely adorable! I just love him so much. I hope that he plays with Rachel like he does with Sadie!

mariah said...

She-she couldn't love him more! Did I tell you that she points to our window (towords your front door) and screams "Maaaaaaaa" I think it means Max! :)

brooke said...

Can I borrow him? Just for like...EVER!?? He is so cute and I love seeing him whenever I do. You guys need to make bazillions of cuties like him!