Monday, January 15, 2007

We Belong in a Zoo


So for Christmas my dad got us all passes to the San Diego Zoo. It's SO much fun. You might be wondering how it would be fun with a six month old, but let me tell you, nothing could be funnier than a couple of monkeys hangin' from ropes and running around with their tails wagging. Maddox thinks the monkeys are hilarious. He loves the other animals, too. He loves to look around at them and their habitats. He just loves to be outside. So Tyler and I walk around pushing Max in his stroller and we get to look at lots of funny animals and learn lots of new things. It's a total win-win situation.


The one thing Max did NOT like was the petting zoo. I tried to snap a picture of him next to a goat and he freaked out. This one mother looked at me with this horrified expression on her face and I was like "I wasn't feeding him to the goat -- just wanted a picture." Actually, I didn't say that outloud, I only thought it.

Anway, the Zoo is a big hit and the next place we'll go is the Wild Animal Park (our passes are good there, too) because I hear they have elephants and everyone knows that when you put your butt next to an elephant's butt your butt will ALWAYS look smaller. (You can call that one of my many fashion secrets).

(Oh, and P.S. That first picture is of Maddox staring at the dik diks -- I kid you not, that is their real name. They are like a freaky cross between a midget deer and a giant rat).

1 comment:

Your Pal, Al said...

That last picture of Maddox is SO funny! (Your hair looks good)