Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tricks and Such

I thought, since I hadn't written in a while, that I'd give you an update on Maddox's new tricks. I will give you a better update next week because he has his 6 month check-up on Monday. I know, 6 months already!! Yikes!!

Here we go:
  1. Maddox loves sweet potatoes. He loves them so much that sometimes (almost every day) when I go to feed him fruit or squash or any other kind of food, he will sit in his high chair and scream (not cry, just scream and grunt) until I give him sweet potatoes. Then he looks like a little bird with his mouth open waiting for that spoonful of orange. The first time it was cute. Now, well, I'll just leave it at that.
  2. Max can roll all over the apartment. If I leave him on the floor on his play blanket and walk away, when I come back in the room he will be across floor playing with some toy that caught his eye on the other side of the room. He now scrunches up his little legs when he's on his tummy and tries to propel himself to get to different toys he wants. I think he'll be crawling soon.
  3. His stuffed bunny is his most prized possession. It is a brown Beanie Baby bunny named Ears (so original). This kid LOVES this silly bunny. He could be the fussiest, saddest little boy ever and as soon as I hand him that bunny, he squeals so loud and throws his arms out and jumps up and down and pumps his little legs. He just gets so excited.
  4. Speaking of squealing -- this is another super fun thing he does (please sense the sarcasm). Maddox has taught himself how to squeal to the point of screaming. Whenever he rolls from his tummy to his back, he makes his arms and legs super stiff, lifts his legs off the ground and squeals like a -- the only way to describe it is like a pterodactyl. He squeal-screams in the grocery store, at the park, at the doctor's office, in the bath, everywhere!!
  5. I think Max waits all day for bath time because I never see him as excited as when it is time to take a bath.
  6. He loves music.
  7. He has been in his second accident before he is a full six months old and is in his third car seat, too.
  8. He's had his first haircut and his hair is already growing back quickly. Sometimes I wish it would stay down flat to his head like normal babies, but then I remember that Max is not even close to being a normal baby. He has a personality so big I marvel at the fact that it fits into his tiny, stocky, chubby little body.
  9. He now sleeps through the night. He goes down at about 6:45 and sleeps until about 5:30am when at that point we go in and give him a pacifier and he is quite until almost exactly 6:00am when we have to get up anyway. It's fabulous.
  10. He LOVES to look at pictures of himself and his family. He gets so excited when he recognizes people in the pictures. It's stinkin' cute!!

1 comment:

Nate said...

I love the maddox picture album - he is adorable. Boy, he is all Sanzari isn't he. I don't see much Seibert there. Sorry Tyler...