Tuesday, January 30, 2007

6 Month Check-up


Max had his 6 month check-up on Tuesday. Basically, he's good, he's thriving and he's pretty fat. The doctor was like "well, he looks really healthy, and by healthy I mean hefty". So, aptly named Fatburger is right on par (except that he makes no consonant sounds yet, unless you call screeching and screaming consonant sounds). Here are the stats:

16lbs 2oz (30th%)
25" long (5th%)
16 3/4" head

So basically he is a tiny little guy (is it any surprise?) who is kinda fat for his length. I could have told you that he was fat because I carry him around all day and he pretty much breaks my back. He's small and cute and fun and we LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!

His head is on the small side, but it's probably because it's pretty flat on the back. (He will be getting a helmet next Wednesday -- don't worry, a post is on its way about that). He's only in the 10% for head size. Hopefully that will change with treatment.

He also got some shots. I don't know if you've ever seen a baby get shots but it's pretty much hysterically heart wrenching. To me, the part where their faces change from being happy and smiley to sheer surprise then terror then pain then hatred is a little funny to me. Of course, at the same time, all of those things are so terribly sad a mom can barely handle it. It's another irony of motherhood I suppose. As expected he was extra fussy today -- yay for me.

I just can't believe how fast he has grown. Half of his first year is over. Sometimes I am relieved that I have those six months behind me because he is getting more and more fun every day. But other times I am so incredibly sad that my baby is slowly becoming my toddler and even more quickly my toddler will become my grown up guy going off to college getting married having children... AH!! Am I getting ahead of myself?? Maybe just a bit.

So Happy Half Birthday Maxi Baby!!

No comments: