Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Fourth of July

Tyler had to work on the Fourth of July this year. Since he was nocturnal (working nights) we decided to join him at the hospital and watch the fireworks from the roof at Mercy. It was crowded with nurses and doctors and family members and patients. Like, patients wheeling their IV bags up and patients in beds. It was strange! We had a pretty good view but the wind was working against us blowing the smoke towards us instead of away so a lot of the bursts were covered. Still, it was a fun and different experience!

IMG_7019

IMG_7022

I even made some crisp and homemade vanilla ice cream for Tyler.

IMG_7020

IMG_7023

I have to say that all this Catholic stuff creeps me out!
IMG_7024

Looking back at these photos just makes it look like the city was on fire.

IMG_7050

IMG_7055

IMG_7053

1 comment:

Tyler said...

It was so fun to have you guys visit me a couple of nights at work. I walk around the hospital in the day now sometimes and wish I could see your smiling faces!

The fireworks were fun and a unique experience, for sure. But I agree that the photos are a little disturbing if you forget what they are actually of (fireworks and smoke, not a burning city!).