Saturday, July 13, 2013

Dentist Woes

I finally got up the courage to take the kids to the dentist to have their teeth cleaned for the first time. I know I know. The kids are old and should have gone years ago. But I have such a deep rooted fear of the dentist that I just couldn't do it. Honestly, even walking through the doors knowing that the appointment wasn't even for me took all of my courage. My fear of the dentist is real and paralyzing. Seriously. Anyway... I found an awesome children's dentist and the kids both had a great experience!

IMG_7103

IMG_7104

Lia had no cavities! But poor Max had FOUR and one that required a small root canal. I was really sad about it at first but it helps to remember that I inherited awful teeth from my dad and I'm afraid Max has gotten that from me, too. We are diligent in teeth brushing and dental hygiene at home but sometimes it just isn't enough. Luckily, Max's experience with getting his cavities filled was a great one!! Dr. Warner was AWESOME and Max was seriously brave about it! He didn't even want me to go back with him!

IMG_7190

Max was so brave that I took him to Target, droopy numbed face and all, and let him pick out a giant Lego set. Then I let him eat popsicles and made him smile for some photos while laughing at him. It was great!

IMG_7189

IMG_7188

No comments: