Saturday, November 3, 2012

Quick Trip

Tyler had some interviews up north so we all piled into the car and tagged along!

IMG_4469 IMG_4467

Tyler's mom met us in Fresno and took the kids back to her house and Tyler and I got to stay the night in Fresno together. He had an interview the next day there so I hung out by myself for a bit. It was actually SO nice to have a day to myself to just do whatever I wanted to do -- which consisted of being lazy in our hotel room, eating lunch, reading my book and shoe shopping. It also gave me ample opportunity to decide that Fresno is probably not on the top of my list of places to settle down.

IMG_4471
(view from our hotel room)

After his interview we drove to Berkeley where we met Tyler's grandma who generously gave us BOTh tickets to watch a game!! It had been SO long since we had seen a game together and the first time we had both been in the new stadium. It's SO nice!! We loved getting to watch the game with Grandma, too.

IMG_4480 IMG_4481

IMG_4425

IMG_4482 IMG_4483

So happy!
IMG_4485

IMG_4486

IMG_4488

I miss this place SO much!
IMG_4492

We spent the night in Napa and had a delicious pancake breakfast and then drove to Sonora to get the kids and see Tyler's parents. While we were there we went on a wonderful walk up in the mountains. Looking at these pictures makes me crave that fresh air!! It was amazing up there! Papa and the kids played laser tag and ran around -- it was great!

IMG_4498 IMG_4499

IMG_4532

IMG_4531

IMG_4529

IMG_4504

IMG_4539 IMG_4538

IMG_4535 IMG_4534

IMG_4533

IMG_4509 IMG_4500

IMG_4503

On our way back to the house we saw a field filled with deer. TONS of deer! It was really cool.
IMG_4583

The next day we headed back down south, stopping in the Inland Empire for another interview for Tyler. It was there that I also decided that the Inland Empire would be on the bottom of our match list for intern year. Blah!

IMG_4557

The kids still had fun hanging out at the hotel and swimming in the hotel pool. It was a fun little trip for all of us and it was nice to be together with Tyler since he's been gone so much.

IMG_4552

1 comment:

Jen said...

I LOVE Berkeley! And I LOVE the Sonora area. We grew up spending every summer camping for a week at Pinecrest. We'd come down to Sonora once during the week to watch a movie or do laundry or whatever - just get a small break from camping. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that place! You know, if Tyler gets his internship year at UC Davis Med Center you could be in our ward... Sacramento is a great place to live.... *wink*