Monday, August 20, 2012

First Grade!

IMG_4224


Max officially started FIRST GRADE this year!! He goes to a new school now and he LOVES it which puts me at ease about making him change schools. There's a huge part of me that feels so guilty for having to move the kids around and for knowing this isn't the end of the moving around either.

IMG_4227IMG_4229


IMG_4230


IMG_3856


Anyway, his teacher, Mrs. Champlin (purple/blue shirt by the classroom door), is really really great. She's a no nonsense practical kind of teacher which honestly is so great for Max. Another funny thing, there is another Maddox in his class (spelled with only one D). And can I just say, having to only show up about 10 minutes before school is out is SO SO SOOO nice!! At Doyle, literally, you had to be there about 45 minutes before school got out. Insane! This school is smaller and so much better. Tyler and I joke that it feels like we are now sending him to private school -- this district clearly has more money when every kid in every grade from first on up has an ipad to work on in class. Yeah.

IMG_3855


IMG_3854


IMG_3853


IMG_3852


Max is such an independent kid, always has been, but it was kind of bittersweet when he asked me to make sure I stayed until the bell rang and he walked inside. Of course I did!

No comments: