Thursday, August 2, 2012

American Girl Dolls

My mom and I decided it would be fun to take the girls to the American Girl Doll store in LA for the day (and Danielle graciously volunteered to watch Max). Mattie had brought her doll with her and Lia had fallen in love with it. And for as far back as I can remember I've always wanted one of those dolls. I can remember pouring over the catalogs that came at the holidays when I was younger wishing and wishing I could have one. I never did get one! But as part of Lia's birthday present this year Grammie and Papa got her one!!

IMG_3786

IMG_3787

The picking out of the dolls was kind of rough. Grammie had asked me to take a video of her picking out the doll because she couldn't be there. Well, I'm pretty sure Lia was tired and hungry by the time we got to the store, and probably a bit overwhelmed -- so of course she did what any three year old would do in a situation like that -- she threw a monster tantrum!! Oh yes! I was the mom in the AG store with the screaming little girl who had all the appearances of a spoiled brat but who was really just hungry and tired and overwhelmed. Even I was overwhelmed by all the stuff!!

IMG_3799

IMG_3797

IMG_3798

Eventually the crying stopped and she settled on Emily! She's in love with Emily. She does her hair and dresses her. I can't say I'm not tempted to play with her myself!

IMG_3821

IMG_3818

IMG_3819

The luncheon that they do for the girls was fun! The food was meh but it was worth it for the smiles on the girls' faces! They even had little high chairs that hooked up to the tables for the dolls to sit at! Lia even had her first Shirley Temple!

IMG_3820

Such a fun day for both of them and even Mattie got a new doll (her total is now 3 or 4, I can't remember -- obviously she's making up for me never having one!)

No comments: