Monday, February 13, 2012

Not So Much a Baby Anymore

Our little firecracker started preschool last week. She's actually been going to the home of a friend of mine who has been teaching Lia and 2 other little girls (one is her own daughter) all the same age once a week for a few months now. And that was so successful that it was pretty clear that Lia needed more structure and stimulation than I could actually give her at home. She is totally 100% ready.

IMG_9997

She's been SO excited, too, waiting for the day she would get to go to the school that Max went to. The first week was a "try out" week to get her used to being there. Within in the first 10 minutes on the first day she asked me to wait out in the hall.

IMG_0004

While it's been great to have three mornings a week (she goes to the MCDC 2 days and her original little preschool one day) I have to admit that it was bittersweet. Something about seeing her with that backpack on and waving goodbye to me in her own little "I'm okay mom, I don't really need you that much anymore" way I felt a bit sad. I'm excited for her and how excited she is, and I pride myself on the independence of my kids -- how they have no separation anxiety at all and walk right into situations with confidence and excitement -- but she's my baby. I might not have another baby again. Is there a way to stretch out her babyhood while at the same time letting her grow into her own?? Don't say no. Just, I don't know, change the subject.

IMG_1990 IMG_1991

No comments: