Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentines

I think I have 3 of the best Valentines there are. I'm pretty lucky. I used to not take Valentine's Day that seriously. But the kids have so much fun with it that I like to play it up for them. And, it was Max's first time getting to hand out real Valentine's at school (he did it in preschool but it wasn't quite the same).

IMG_0009

IMG_0011

IMG_0018

This is what we ended up with. They were SUPER easy and surprisingly I didn't see any others like them (the idea had been floating around Pinterest for awhile so I was worried we'd see a lot of the same).

IMG_2052

IMG_0021

Max signed every one -- 30 of them. Lia mostly just watched and looked cute.

iheartfaces

IMG_0007

That night I had planned a special "red" dinner but Max requested pork chops with rice and when he requests a dinner outside of his usual rotation I jump on it. So pork chops, rice, corn and a few treats to go with it. The kids were pretty bummed that Tyler had to work late. I was, too. He did make up for it the next day by bringing Lia and I flowers and Max some Mentos (one of his favorites).

IMG_2057 IMG_2058

IMG_2059 IMG_2056

IMG_2054

IMG_2078

Max claimed it was his best Valentine's Day ever. I win!

IMG_2065

IMG_2080

3 comments:

Kevin Seibert said...

So cute of the kids and what a nice Mom to make it a special day. Remind me to try that Mexican restaurant when Sally and I are next down there visiting. Looks fantastic.

sally said...

Oh i loved seeing and reading this...so so so cute thanks nina

Your Pal, Al said...

Your polk looks hella good yo.