Friday, February 17, 2012

Impromptu

I'm a planner. I like to have things planned out. I don't even have to be the one doing the planning. I just need things to be planned. BUT... I am learning to kind of go with it more. At least I think I am. Tyler and I decided that since he had a Saturday off we had better try to take advantage of it so we had ourselves a little impromptu date (thanks to our last minute babysitter for coming to the rescue!! Cameron, you are the BEST).

We tried out a new Mexican place that opened up in downtown La Jolla. And it was AMAZING. Seriously, if you haven't tried Puesto, do it now. Tonight. In fact, that might be where we'll be eating! Their food is authentic, healthy (not greasy AT ALL), fresh and unique. I'm serious. GO eat there. And try the Huitlacoche tacos. They are completely unique and unreal.

IMG_2019 IMG_2020

One of the owners (I think she was an owner) thought Tyler's choice of toppings on his tacos was awesome and insisted on snapping a few pictures. I think the jicama on top threw them off. In a good way. His choice was DELICIOUS.

IMG_2022

Anyway... after a fabulous dinner (did I mention they have an awesome selection of sodas, too? Cream soda is heaven) we headed out to a movie. Yes, my friends, we saw "The Vow". And quite honestly I was a little creeped out by the story. I think if it had been an actual Nicholas Sparks novel instead of a true story I would have been okay with it's cheesy nature and slightly disturbing story line, but because it was a true story, I just kind of watched uncomfortably the whole time. Plus, I know I'm going against most women and teenage girls when I say this, but I'm not sure what everyone freaks out about when looking at Channing Tatum.

Despite the movie, it was nice to sit next to Tyler for over an hour just holding his hand. It had been way too long.

IMG_2023

2 comments:

sally said...

holding hands is the best part. : )

Your Pal, Al said...

I watched "The Vow" this week and while I was excited to see Ben Covington I couldn't help but be distracted by Rachel McAdams bad hair and Channing's ill-fitting sweaters (and horrid acting).