Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Getty

On our way back home from our fabulous weekend getaway we stopped at The Getty -- an amazing art museum in LA. Neither of us had ever been there before and it's free! So we stopped in for a few hours. We love art museums. We especially liked the Rembrandt exhibit. He's one of my favorites. His paintings are so natural and real looking they almost look like photographs.

These are just a few cool things I noticed there.

b1
Two of my faves.

b2
King Henry the VIII -- he wanted to be painted this way to show off his legs. And let me tell you -- they are pretty dang good looking legs -- FOR A GIRL.

And I kind of dig how the french decorated. Apparently hot pink has always been cool
b3

b4

1 comment:

Nathan said...

That looks a lot more like Louis XIV than Henry VIII.