Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day Rip-Off

Okay, I'm only using that title because poor Tyler didn't get much of a Father's Day this year. He was stuck in Northern California studying for Step I of the Medical Boards. Needless to say, we didn't have much of a celebration. But I wanted to post about Tyler because he is simply wonderful. He is the best father I have ever known.

Photobucket

This man tries harder and harder every day to be better and better and just when you think he couldn't get any better, he does. I have never known a man who is so diligent in making time for his family. Tyler is hyper aware of the importance of his time at home and he drops everything at the door and walks inside after a long day full of energy and truly happy to be with his family. That means the world to me.

Photobucket

Tyler is a gentleman and he works so hard to teach our son how to be exactly like him. I'm thrilled to death to see Max grow up just like Tyler.

Here are a few more reasons why I love this man (and why Max will forever look up to his dadd7):

  • When we are out together he always opens the door for me. He knows just how to take care of me and make me feel special (even though I protest sometimes).
  • He always listens to every thing that comes out of mouth. Whether it's complaining, mean, nice, out of control -- he always listens.
  • He ALWAYS wants to hug me. Again, I do protest because I'm not touchy-feely, I LOVE that he wants to hug me and be close to me and I LOVE that he hugs our son. He kisses Max's boo-boos and holds him and hugs him. It's magical!
  • He does the dishes. A LOT. I can't explain to you all how wonderful this is. He also does other household stuff when he can tell I'm not in the mood or tired or pregnant. He does the laundry. He carries in the groceries. He even cooks us dinner sometimes.
  • A day never goes by when he doesn't compliment me in some little way (or big way). He constantly tells me I'm beautiful or wonderful and though I don't believe it myself, I love that he does.
  • He buys me flowers all the time.
  • He gave me the most beautiful little boy on the face of this Earth.
  • He takes me on dates. He loves to hang out with Max -- all the time.
  • He tries so hard to leave school at school and come home ready to play and take care of his little boy.
  • He splurges on me and Max sometimes. When I least expect it he gets us fun gifts.
  • He would swim the river with me forever... you know what I mean. He will never ever give up on me or his kids.
  • He makes me more proud than anyone ever has.
  • He exercises his Priesthood in our home and we can feel it constantly. He is the Patriarch and leader of our family. He works so hard spiritually to guide himself and our family and to teach Max proper gospel principles. It is very attractive to have a man that takes his calling of husband and father very seriously.
  • He rubs my feet. He holds Max. He pats Max on the back. He plays with my hair.
  • He makes me laugh. He makes Max crack up to no end.
  • He reminds me every day why he married me.
  • He always takes my calls. He always talks to Max on the phone and listens to him sing songs or babble.
  • Max wants to be him.
  • He is incredibly handsome and makes my heart jump.
  • He never wants to be away from us. He would rather spend hours and hours on end just sitting around with me and Max than out somewhere else without us.
  • He laughs and laughs and laughs. He puts up with my crazy ideas.
  • He is faithful, loving, smarter than smart, humbler than humble, patient, forgiving, kind, understanding, interested, aware, polite. He is our best friend. He is always there.
I love you honey! I love the father you are!! And so does your little boy!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is a great list to love Tyler!