Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Ellen Show!!


Okay, this was a great day!! So Brooke Baker got tickets to go see the Ellen show and she asked me, Mariah and her sister in law Christy to go. So we made our husbands watch the kiddies (well, really Danielle did most of the watching -- thanks!!) and we hopped in the car and made a day of it. We didn't get there in time to actually sit in the audience of the show (we had stand-by tickets) but we got into the Riff-Raff Room and danced our butts off (I wish that was an actual true statement because mine could use some down-sizing, but oh well). I even caught a t-shirt that says, "I danced with Ellen"!!

Anyway, we had an awesome time. Especially when the special surprise guest was DAVID freakin' BECKHAM!!! I seriously had to tell myself to breathe because I thought I was going to die. If only we had been in the audience (although, it was probably a good thing because I really might have died).

Anyway, that wasn't even the best part. So we were pulling out of the NBC studios and Brooke heard some girls screaming. And she said "OH MY GOSH, ELLEN IS BEHIND US!!" Ellen Degeneres was actually pulling up next to us in her little gray porsche!!! Brooke slowed waaaay down (the guy behind us was pretty ticked) and she ended up RIGHT next to us. We rolled down our windows and started yelling like little girls, "Ellen we love you!!" and she totally rolled down her window and hung up her cell phone and started talking to us!!!!! I was so star struck. She was so so so nice, too. I couldn't believe she actually stopped to talk to us.


We told her we went to her show and we only made it into the Riff-Raff Room and she was like, "oh, that's too bad" (or something like that) and Mariah said, "But we're coming back on April 30th!!" and Ellen was said, "well I'll be there!" in her funny Ellen voice. We even asked her what the traffic was like right then and she said she didn't know, that is was probably "trafficky."

Anyway, it was awesome (I only wish I had videotaped it, too. I was too star struck to think of anything), and it was all thanks to Brooke AND the fact that we both pulled our straw wrappers successfully into knots and wished we would get to see Ellen. I can't wait to go back!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, so cool!! I *heart* Ellen and am way jealous. So jealous.

Tiffany said...

That was some major blogging! Looks like you have had a busy couple of weeks! How much fun. And your little man is growing up so quickly! We need to hang out soon. We should reunite Rachel and Max!

brooke said...

LOL...you made me laugh when you inlcuded the straw paper fortunes! Love it...cant WAIT for the 30th!! So glad you came!

mariah said...

I know- the straw thing is killing me!! It was ALL because of the straws! :) Oh and by the way- I'm still looking for "Z"... I'm gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linn said...

Nina, That is so beyond cool! Ahhh! What a fun thing to have happen.

Jeni said...

Hi Nina! It is so good to see what you have been up to. Congratulations on baby #2!!!
I have to tell you that I went to see Ellen in March. It was a blast and I got an Ellen shirt too! So fun! Take care.
Jeni Nunn