Saturday, March 15, 2008

Flowers and Butterflies

Max is a funny kid. I know I say that a lot, but he seriously is. It's not like he cracks jokes all the time or does magic tricks (which, by the way, I don't find funny but really annoying and kind of creepy). Recently Max learned the words for flower and butterfly. Except, he thinks they are the same word. Don't ask me how.

During his bath one night we were trying to teach him the two separate words. I drew a picture of a butterfly and then one of a flower and pointed at each and said very slowly, "flower" and then "butterfly." Max looked at me, paused a few seconds, then pointed at the flower and said "flu-fly" and pointed at the butterfly and said "flu-fly" in the most matter-of-fact calculated way I've ever heard. He was honestly telling me the right way to say it and to him I was just plain wrong. It was the cutest funniest thing ever. Tyler and I were rolling on the floor laughing.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I think Karen was the same way for a while; at least it seemed that way to me. She doesn't confuse them any more, but she does insist that a certain stuffed chicken that she got for Easter is actually a duck. Quoted, from Lauren:

She brought it over to me and said "duck". I said back to her "Actually, it's a chicken" and she said "No, actually duck."