Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter


We had a very low key Easter this year. When I was younger our family went all out -- egg dyeing, Easter egg hunt, baskets, big family dinner. But since we're the only surviving members out here in California we spent it all on our lonesome. It was nice though.


I made Max -- I mean the Easter Bunny made Max a cute basket. It had a stuffed duck, a chocolate bunny, some crayons and some plastic eggs filled with his favorite snacks -- goldfish crackers, oatmeal squares cereal and fruit snacks. We went to church (Max wore his little tie; I think he looks like a little frat boy in this outfit) and came home and took naps. And then our friends the Wilkinsons came over with their adorable little boy Tyson and the kids played and we chit chatted.


I did decide that I want Easter in our house to be centered around the real meaning, not just candy and eggs and baskets. I think I'll do my best in the future to fill our kids' baskets with healthy snacks, toys that cost no more than $5 and something that will remind them of the true meaning of Easter. Is that lame? I don't know. Normally I am more traditional. We'll see if this can actually be pulled off.

2 comments:

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

CUTE church outfit. He looks like such a California boy. We definitely need to move there so Connor can wear shorts to church!

brooke said...

I LOVE MAX!!