Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Dinners

I am thankful for a lot of things on a regular basis -- the fact that a baby counts as a second person for the carpool lane, afternoon naps, hot showers, that noodle bowl from Pei Wei. This year I am very thankful that Thanksgiving means turkey dinner. Is that a little shallow? Probably. Oh well.

This year we had a nice low-key Thanksgiving. I did most of the cooking (the only thing I didn't make were the pumpkin pies, the turkey and stuffing and the salad). My mom made a fabulous turkey and the most delicious gravy (I am a gravy NUT). Bob's uncle and his wife came for dinner, too. They live in Riverside but we are now only getting together with them since my parents are moving. Kind of weird how that happens. Anyway, they were very nice (and his wife has a grandson whose middle name is Maddox -- weird!).

My friend Bill from high school came for dinner, too. Since he is moving to Taiwan it was nice to get to see him one last time. He's been keeping in touch with my parents for years even when I moved away so he's like a brother (we'll miss you Billy).

I had a photo shoot with Mattie and Max, too. I'll post an album of those pictures when I'm finished going through them. They are adorable!! Mattie has these fairy wings that she likes to wear around with a tutu. It's so girly and wonderful.



Okay... so for 10 things I'm really thankful for (#11 being Turkey Dinners) (in no particular order):

1. a healthy happy baby boy
2. the love of my youngest sister
3. the love of my ever-patient husband
4. my own health -- at least I'm alive!
5. money, as little as we have
6. a cozy apartment to shelter our family
7. a bed for my baby
8. cameras so I don't miss a second of my little man growing up or my big man growing old
9. mothers
10. perspective

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: