Thursday, November 15, 2007

Disneyland

Mattie and Max went to Disneyland for the first time. My parents wanted to take the kids before they made the big move back East. Mattie is really into Disney movies right now, her favorites being Cinderella and Little Mermaid. When she wants to watch them she points at the TV and says "waaaa" because to her, the princesses sing like that. Anyway, both of the kids were in awe of Disneyland.

We only took them on a couple rides (the tea cups (where I wanted to yak), Dumbo (where Mattie went a little crazy with the controls -- the reason why I strapped Max in super tight so he couldn't touch the controls), the merry-go-round, a train ride, and It's a Small World which was decked out for the holidays). They loved every ride and even asked to go on them again. We only went for a few hours because my mom didn't want to push it with the kiddies. They LOVED the small world ride and were completely still for the whole ride just staring at all the little [creepy] dolls (did I say that?).


Mattie didn't actually get to see any Disney princesses but she did see a lot of little girls dressed like the Disney characters and thought whole-heartedly they were real and was so excited.
It was a fun time and I wish we could have stayed longer and taken them on more stuff. I wish Tyler had been with us, too. He would have loved to see Max light up on the rides and I would have loved not having to go on them (I know, aren't I lame now).

1 comment:

Your Pal, Al said...

I love that Max wore the Mr.T shirt to Disneyland. That shirt truly is appropriate for all occasions. Did you guys go that awful Tiki Room, where robotic birds sing for 40 minutes?