Friday, March 2, 2007

R.I.P Combi Cosmo EX

Our wonderful, lightweight, stylish, comfy stroller was suddenly taken from us on Friday night. There was no long illness, no breakage, just a sudden end to our Combi Cosmo who was so young and vibrant and had so much life left in it.Seriously though, our stroller was stolen!! Right here in La Jolla!! This is how it went down. I was putting Maddox in the car after a short stop at Whole Foods for some baby food. I left the stroller behind the car so that I could lock-down Maddox in his car seat and then fold it up and put it in the trunk (I can't hold the baby and fold the stroller). When I got out of the car to put the stroller away it wasn't where I had left it. I walked around the car wondering if I had left it in a different place (as my mind does escape me more often than I'd like to admit) but couldn't find it anywhere. I then looked down the aisle in the parking lot where our car was and lo and behold, Mr. Theify McStealer was running as fast as his wigger-sagged pants and backward hat could carry him -- WITH MY STROLLER!!! That is when my mouth hit the oil stained pavement and I started to cry.

Some people have asked if I tried to chase the guy. Riiight... I left Max in the car to suffocate and die all alone to chase down the turd that grabbed my stroller. I have been known to lose it when I've been crossed but I'm not completely insane! I did drive around the parking lot hopelessly searching for the opportunity to run him down with my car and take my stroller back. But the search remained fruitless as well as my attempts to browse Craigslist to see if that punk is selling it to buy some crack for his strung-out girlfriend.

I went out that night to get a new stroller and ended up coming home with this one.
It's bigger and heavier but actually really nice. It has a much larger basket to fit my every growing diaper bag, a larger sun shade, adjustable handle, drink holders, larger wheels and Max seems to like it better. Mostly I tell myself these things to make myself feel better.

SO rest in peace Combi Cosmo EX. I hope you are off in a better world with a child who loves you even more than Maddox did (which doesn't have to be all that much since Max wasn't that in to it anyway) instead of stripped for parts and laying on some trash heap up-state.

1 comment:

mariah said...

I still can't believe that guy ganked your stroller! How desperate do you have to be to steal from a baby?? Well, at least Max likes his new stroller. Let's hope Nina never runs across the theif in on of La Jolla's dark alleys at night.