Saturday, March 3, 2007

Disney Walk, Old Friends, Reminiscing

This week was pretty interesting for me. It was like suddenly I had a life... with friends!! On Wednesday night Aaron Rutman stayed with us so he could go to his interview at UCSD. It was fun to see him again!

Then on Friday I met Nancy Chung -- well I guess she's Nancy Allred now -- for lunch Downtown at Horton Plaza. I got all the dirt on our old University Ward friends. That was really fun!!

Then on Saturday, Tyler, Max and I met up with the Franklins (Nate, Tawni and Sophia) at the Downtown Disneyland Disney Walk. It was really fun to get out and enjoy the great Southern California weather, show off our babies and reminisce about the good old times (Nate, Tyler and I were all in the Berkeley Singles Wards together; that's how we all met a whopping 6 years ago or something like that -- crazy!). We had some lunch at the Jazz Kitchen, then ice cream, and then strolled around for a little while. Of course we had to stop to feed Max who started freaking out because he didn't want to be in his stroller and he was hungry and he was a general cranky pants (hopefully not so cranky that it ruined every one's time!). But Sophia is ADORABLE and so nice and calm compared to ADD-Infant Boy. And honestly it was wonderful to see Nate and Tawni and how happy they are and their beautiful baby girl. We definitely need to get together again soon!!

Oh, and the only picture we got of all of us together is this awful one some guy took for us. It's blurry and totally cuts out Sophia and I look blimpish (not to mention dwarfed) but here it is anyway. For better pictures check Nate and Tawni's blog.

I got a really cute one of Tyler and Max though! Maddox really loves his daddy.

So normally in any given week you can find me rocking a baby to sleep or picking up toys or doing dishes or just sitting around watching TV, but this week was much more interesting and fun!! I loved seeing some of our old friends and catching up with them. It's so exciting to see where their lives are taking them. I hope we're all still friends in another 6 years!

2 comments:

ChelMo said...

Oh my goodness! How are all of those people?? Do they all have blogs? I'm feeling so out of touch and friendless right now (bed rest doesn't help much, I suppose). I would love to, as my sister-in-law calls it, "Google spy" on EVERYONE from the University Ward days!

In case they care to do the same to me: web.mac.com/chelmo

I hope you're doing fabulously well, Nina!

Nancy said...

Nina, I had a great time too. We'll have to do it again. I may be down in SD again for a mediation some time.

Chelsea - thanks for making it easy to google spy on you! you ARE a cute pregnant girl. Brad and I don't really have a blog, although I see you're on a facebook and I am going to proceed to invite you to be my friend so you can google spy that way. :)