Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Halloween Sick McNasty Treat

I'm not sure if you know this about me but I am scared to death of spiders!! They are the sickest most unnatural scariest grossest nastiest sickest things EVER. Well, I'm minding my own business on my way home, walking up the stairs, completely unsuspecting and what do I see on the banister of the stairs???

THIS

**(Disclaimer: These are actual pictures of a spider taken with my own camera in front of our apartment. These photos are graphic. Please be warned -- children should avert their eyes)**



Now, you might say, what is that? IT'S A FREAKING HUGE SPIDER!!!!!!!! I kid you not, it was the size of a half dollar. And it was just perched there, waiting, watching.

Tyler poked it with a stick a few times and it moved. AHH!! It's SOOOOO sick! And scary!!


And look at this one with it's evil orange eye. I swear the thing is ready to attack.


I looked it up on a few websites (and while doing so, freaked myself out with all the other sick scary spider pictures and will surely have nightmares tonight) and found out that it is an Orb Weaving Spider (Species Neoscona crucifera) and they are poisonous like the evil Brown Recluse. Needless to say I am afraid to leave my house and fully expect to be webbed in the next time I open my front door. I now fear for my life as well as the life of my baby and husband.

SO... be on the lookout for Sick McNasty (as we so fondly call this brown hairy monster). Here is a good website that explains what to do if you are bit. Good luck!


No comments: