Monday, June 11, 2012

Kinder Graduate!

IMG_3165

I was definitely more emotional about Max finishing kindergarten than I was the day he started. He was just so ready to go that it was more excitement than sadness. But now, realizing that he really is turning into a KID and not a baby anymore, I'm getting sentimental. I can barely look at baby photos of him without getting a knot in my throat.

IMG_3169

Kindergarten was a good year for Max! I think he got a little bored towards the end and acted up a bit more in class. But I had to remind myself that he is learning what it means to be a student in a classroom and that comes by trial and error. We loved his teacher, Mrs. Tusa, and she was really good for him. He had so much fun, went on lots of field trips and just had a great time! It was hard to explain to him that he'll be going to a different school next year, not because he was sad but mostly because I don't think he really understood what that meant. Luckily he'll have friends at his new school (not that I worry, he makes friends easily).

IMG_3170

I'll be glad to see that little kindergarten attitude go though. WOW! We seem to be back in the land of pouting, tantrums and overall grumpiness. I'm hoping over the summer it wears off (lots of moms tell me it does) and he's back to that sweet happy kid we know and love. Only time will tell!!

Here are a few pictures of his time in kindergarten. His teacher gave every student a CD of photos from the year that she had taken in the class. So I didn't take these! But I'm glad I have them!

IMG_3327 IMG_3466

IMG_3600

IMG_3604

IMG_3731

IMG_3735

IMG_3737

IMG_3759

IMG_3760 IMG_3785

IMG_3789

IMG_3889

IMG_3898IMG_4336

IMG_3925

IMG_4321 

IMG_4419

IMG_4420

IMG_4424

He had a little graduation ceremony, too! Once again, his school decided that 8am on a Monday morning was the ideal time to have it, cramped in their little auditorium with inconsiderate parents who do not speak english and have questionable bathing habits. LUCKILY Tyler was able to be there!! It was his first experience with all of this and he agreed it was really lame. Mercifully Max had NO idea what was going on in the audience (including some parents having it out with their words) and was just SO excited to see us there watching him and waving and picture taking and videoing! He loved every second of it. He also takes his performances seriously.

IMG_3164 IMG_3163

IMG_6682

IMG_6684 IMG_6753

IMG_6752 IMG_6751

IMG_6686 IMG_6706

IMG_6694

IMG_6688

IMG_6713

IMG_6718 IMG_6722

IMG_6719

IMG_6731 IMG_6733

IMG_6739

IMG_6748

We are so proud of our growing boy! I know it's cliche (I hate cliche) but I really hope he stays sweet and kind always. The other day we were snuggling in bed and he said, "Mama, I'm always your sweet boy. I'll always BE your sweet boy." And then I melted into a messy puddle in the middle of my bed.

No comments: