Sunday, December 4, 2011

Max's Holiday Show

Max's kindergarten class put on the most adorable Holiday Show for the parents. At least I think it was adorable. I want to cry even writing this but it was kind of a total disaster on my part. Even walking out of the room that day I felt like I wanted to cry. Lia and I arrived about 30 minutes early thinking that it would be plenty of time to get some good seats up in front. I was DEAD wrong. We ended up all the way in back in the row against the wall. Which would have been fine, except that I'm only five feet tall. And I had a squirmy less than thrilled 3 year old with me who wanted to do anything but sit.on.her.dang.chair. And when the space between our row, which was in fact an aisle way, was beginning to get crowded with people standing I tried to resort to standing on my chair but I still couldn't see where the kids were up in front singing. They shoved way too many kindergarten parents and families into this small room where the kids stood on risers and everyone stood up to try to see their own kid. It was insane. And it was even worse that Tyler couldn't be there. And once again I tried to work the video camera and the point and shoot camera all while trying to just make Lia sit.on.her.dang.chair!!!

IMG_1760

So, tossing all that sadness and the fact that I barely saw Max at all for his performance, Max saw me wave a few times and was perfectly happy with that. He had no idea of the craziness going on in the audience. He was proud that I was there watching him and that I waved and yelled his name. The few pictures I did snap were terrible, looking at them makes me want to cry all over again. And the video isn't much better, shot between the heads of two other people all shaky and out of focus. But my sweet boy saw me and I was at least present to see the culmination of all his hard work and practicing of the songs and cute little jokes and dances they did.

For the next performance I refuse to be muscled out of the way of watching my first born do adorable cute stuff and will push my way to the front. Or arrive 3 hours early. And if you want to hear a few funny Christmas jokes, ask Max, he's got a couple of great ones!'

Ugh, these photos are SO BAD! Max is the one on the far left on the bottom row.

100_0622

100_0620

Cute boy got to lead his class in!
100_0619


4 comments:

Molly said...

Oh that is sad...I don't think it would hurt to mention the problem to the school, it isn't fair to the parents...a friend of mine went to her daughters 1st grade winter concert, there was no room for many many parents and they were turned away!! They decided to take her daughter home and left...tough! A parent shouldn't have to miss their kids performance, and I was impressed you were 30 min early!

Your Pal, Al said...

Is it weird that Max and I have the same shoes?

sally said...

i'm teary from how sweet this is...awweee - i love that kids/school stuff.

Jen said...

Oh that is sad! I'm sorry you didn't get to see. I would've been screaming at people to SIT DOWN and cried right there in public. You are so much nicer than I.