Tuesday, September 6, 2011

KINDERGARTEN!!

IMG_1549

Tyler and I walked our boy into his first day of Kindergarten today. I thought I'd get teary and weepy but I honestly didn't. It was more a sense of relief. Like -- he made it!! I made it!! We got through the first five years and we still all really like each other!! The weather was very strange, too. It was raining! Luckily it stopped right as we were getting to school. But it was the weirdest thing to wake up in San Diego and have it rain on the first day of school. It was also SUPER humid. Like crazy humid!! Max didn't seem to notice, he was just so excited!

blog

blog2

IMG_9015

IMG_9019 BW

His classroom is perfect and supposedly his teacher (Mrs. Tusa -- pronounced Too - shaa) is the best kindergarten teacher at the school. His school is HUGE as far as elementary schools go. There are about 200 kindergarteners and about 800 kids in his school. Crazy!! He has a few friends in his class and I think he was kind of relieved about that.

IMG_9050

blog3
blog4

blog5

He LOVES kindergarten!! He was totally ready for us to leave. When he came home he said his favorite part about kindergarten is LEARNING. Not recess. Not snack. But learning.

IMG_9044

IMG_9066 BW

IMG_9069 BW

IMG_9072 BW

He has a pretty long day. We get up at 6:30am and have to be out the door at 7:05. School officially starts at 7:40am but the traffic into and out of that place is INSANE. There is NO parking and every single kinder kid has to be walked into the classroom instead of dropped off. Pick up isn't any better. He gets out at 2pm except for Wednesdays which is a minimum day and he gets out at 11:45. Luckily we have a good carpool arrangement worked out with our neighbor so hopefully nap times will stay as intact as possible for Lia!!

IMG_9078

IMG_9082

He took a peanut butter sandwich today for lunch in his Spiderman lunch box. I put a special note inside with some pictures of us all together. He really liked that. 

IMG_9104

I'm excited to go to Back to School Night to learn all the in and outs of his classroom, what he'll be learning this year, etc. This new schedule will definitely take some adjusting but like anything, we'll get used to it. I'm just sooo proud and excited for our Max! 

IMG_9030

4 comments:

Jen said...

That will be our Jonathan next year! AH! Reading your post suddenly made me get that sick-nervous feeling I always got as a kid right before school started. Oh I hope Jonathan transitions as well as Max did! I'm suddenly HUGE-LY nervous!! I'm going to go take deep calming breaths....

sally said...

ok i am obsessing over all the pictures...i love kindergarten! its so fun to see the backpacks and parts of his room...im digging on the batman 'Max' pack!

its a big day for you...to have your first one in school. wow. he seems so ready and that makes it exciting. i love it that tyler was able to go the first day - hey he was with me when my first born went to school! ha yeah i think i'm a little bit funny. but seriously tyler looks so so tired. aaaahhhh that makes me worry. though i know he can survive it...i just wish it was more than surviving!

Nina said...

poor tyler, you are right! he does look super tired. i should have edited under his eyes a little :)

Malerie said...

Such great pictures! you have quite the eye for photography. I will always love the pictures you took of Madeline when she was born. And that picture of you and Max?! You are gorgeous!