Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crazy pile of BEES!

While my parents were here visiting we noticed up on the branches in one of the trees in the parking lot a GIANT swarm of bees just silently wrapped around it. We were pretty weirded out by it. Especially because they were completely silent. So we called the maintenance guys to come get them out. Well, of course they never came, and were slightly rude on the phone (okay, truth be told I actually love the guys that come and fix stuff; they are always pleasant and happy to help out; it's those ones who answer the phones that have less-desirable attitudes). I came home a few days later and saw the entire pile of bees had fallen onto the pavement below and engulfed half a parking spot and the car next to it. It was crazy!! I'd never seen that many bees before in one spot, silently laying there. Still no buzzing.

IMG_9609

Later that day they finally did come to take care of the bee situation, but I was a little saddened that they basically just sprayed them with bee killer. There are still bee carcases strewn about the parking lot. Too bad they didn't call a bee keeper!!

1 comment:

Your Pal, Al said...

So weird! When I was in SD the parking lot of my brother's apt. had a bunch of dead bees too. WTF is going on?!?