Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!

IMG_6713

We celebrated Halloween this year by getting sweet costumes and heading over to the church for their annual Trunk or Treat (or is it Trunk n' Treat?) We had a blast! Danielle went with Tyler for the first part of games for the kids because I had a photo shoot right before. But I got there just in time to help take the kids around to all the cars so they could fill up their pumpkin buckets.

IMG_7242

IMG_7262

Max was (surprise surprise) Superman! I got his costume for $8 at Old Navy -- marked down because it had a tiny little snag in the fabric on the knee. A few days ago it fell apart completely, even the squishly little muscly parts. I think I should have paid about $4 for it.

IMG_7245

IMG_7260

Lia was a kitty! Her request! I made her a little tutu with a tail hanging from the back and cut the ears off of a headband and glued them on to some clips for her pigtails (I was pretty confident she would NOT keep on the headband).

IMG_7231

IMG_7236


The kids had a ton of fun. We saw some great costumes -- including THIS one.
IMG_7253

The whole family dressed like the movie UP! It was amazing! I wish I got better pictures. We saw vikings complete with a ship, a punk rocker thanks the Stephen and his ultimate mohawk and a blue angel! The church party was really awesome this year, lots of people and lots of decorations.

IMG_7239

IMG_7267

IMG_7266 IMG_7268

IMG_7269

IMG_7273

On the actual day of Halloween we had a nice goodbye dinner with some friends for our neighbors the Bakers. They moved!! I can't really talk about it or I get weepy. My best friend is gone!!! And then we went to visit Jenna and the kitty cats and came home and handed out candy. It was a great Halloween!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh that picture of Tyler and Lia is so sweet! It just about made me cry it was so cute! You have such a darling family!