Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Day in the Life...

Here is a typical day for us:

IMG_0796

7am the kids wake up. Almost exactly at seven. It's kind of scary. We get up, eat breakfast (usually Max has a waffle and Lia has a bowl of Crispix).

8am Max has school 3 days a week so Tyler usually rushes him across the parking lot to his preschool with Lia in tow.

9am I usually am ready to go run errands with Lia (or with both kids, depending on the day). We usually do a Target run or head to a park or a museum. We definitely get out of the house everyday, or we all get cranky. Sometimes the day starts later because I'm cleaning or straightening.

IMG_0798

12pm I'm either picking Max up from school or we're starting lunch. Lunch can take a while. Our kids eat painfully slow. Most of the time we're yelling at them to EAT or CHEW or HURRY UP. I kind of dread meal time.

1pm is nap time. Oh glorious nap time!! Both kids still nap in the afternoon. Max is on his way out of naps, he'll usually sleep 3 out of 7 days in a week but he still stays in our room for quiet time for at least 2 hours, without complaint. If he whined I wouldn't make him stay, but so far he doesn't say a thing. Lia will sleep a good 3 hours if I let her!

3-4pm is wake up time. Play time. Snack time. Movie time. Outside play time if it's light enough.

IMG_0799

5-6pm is usually dinner time. Tyler is just coming in the door and the kids are definitely hungry and ready to see their dad.

7pm is bath time. Bath, book, bed. That's our nighttime routine.

IMG_0802

And then we wake up and do it all over again! It's not a perfect life, but it's our life and it works for us. We have a roof over our heads and lots of love and although we have our crazy days we're happy and busy and loving life!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh I'd love a schedule like that! I have a hard time making a schedule stick. And getting out of the house every day would be LOVELY! It's just so daunting and scary that I don't do it. (Plus we're lucky if everybody is dressed and me showered before 11 am.) We go somewhere once a week (my presidency meeting) and maybe a second time if we are DESPERATE and I HAVE to go shopping (usually for something like milk or diapers). You are just so amazing! We need to move down there so that maybe a little of you will rub off on me! :D