Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lobster Night

Tyler was away at a conference in Wisconsin so I saw it as my chance to make myself some lobster and enjoy a night in with a good movie by myself. Well, it didn't really go as planned and it started with me purchasing a GIANT lobster. I didn't realize how giant it was until I got it home and took it out. The kids were running wild in the store when the fish guy bagged him for me so I didn't see him until I got home to cook him.

I was SHOCKED.

IMG_3653
That's a 12 inch ruler next to him.

IMG_3660
That's a 6 inch claw.

IMG_3668

IMG_3676
He wouldn't even fit in the pot!

Needless to say, he tasted terrible. I should have freed him into the ocean instead of cooking him. I could barely break through the claw. I knew he wouldn't be that good. I still enjoyed my garlic bread!

IMG_3684

No comments: