Friday, August 8, 2008

A Family Vacation Vacation

No, I did not stutter. We actually went on another vacation while we were on vacation in CT. My dad took us all to New Hampshire for a few days to take Max and Mattie to a place called Santa's Village. The kids had a blast, once we got there. Yes, I said Mattie, too. My mom brought Mattie along so she could spend some time with Max also. So it was me, Tyler and the two kids in one car. And my dad, Margaret, Danielle and my mom in another car. Kinda weird, but we all had fun.

It rained the first day we were there so we just kind of hung around our hotel for the day. Max and Mattie LOVED the heated pool there. And Max had a blast running through the rain with Tyler. It was pouring, but I guess he's not used to rain (because we live in San Diego, the negative rain city) and he wanted to run and run through it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Max also fell in love with Margaret on this trip. She was so good to him, playing with him and keeping him busy. He loved it!

Photobucket

On our way up it was a long drive, so we stopped off at the Vermont Country Store. It's this GREAT little store that sells all kinds of old fashioned stuff -- like long johns, old time candies, metal dishes, old time soaps -- TONS AND TONS of stuff. They also sell the best cheeses and jams I've ever had. I bought a giant block of Vermont cheddar and some crackers and some elderberry jam (sadly, I had to leave the uneaten portions at my mom's because I didn't think they'd make the plane ride home). It was hear we learned that Max has a serious love for black licorice, too. We had to cut him off at one point because I didn't want him to get a stomach ache.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mattie fell in love with this little pink cat and found a baby bottle and just fed the cat the whole time, over and over again.

Photobucket

They had these fun horse swings made out of old tires that Max and Mattie had fun on. I think they appreciated getting out of the car, too, since it was a LONG drive.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Santa's Village was just as cute as I remembered it, too. First thing we did was wait in a long line to say hi to Santa. This is how it ended up.

Photobucket

Mattie wouldn't even go in the room. She just waved and that was it.

Photobucket

The kids rode on all the rides and loved every second of it. Tyler and Danielle were good sports and went on the rides with them. My dad went on some, too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They loved driving the old fashioned cars. I think because they felt they could drive them. Mattie didn't really like the bumper cars too much. And Max was frustrated he had no control and couldn't reach the wheel.

Photobucket

And feeding the real reindeer!! Max and Mattie thought this was awesome. And even though they don't really get Santa yet, they still thought it was so cool feeding dry crackers to deer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They even went on a roller coaster!

Photobucket

And on the way home, they both passed out in the back of the car for a while. Max like this.

Photobucket

And Mattie like this (that's a blanket over her head).

Photobucket

We all had a fun time and it was fun to take Max to a place I went to when I was a little kid. His eyes just lit up and he loved it so much. Thanks for the trip dad!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

max looks exactly like your dad. just in miniature.