Monday, December 3, 2007

The Stinkin' Rotten No-Good Horrible Day!

So the other day I woke up to clouds and wind and rain and I thought, today is going to be a great day! (I LOVE the rain and don't get enough of it down here in San Diego). Boy was I wrong.

I decided that I wanted Max to wear the new pair of pants I bought him but realized I had left them in the car. After searching for our only umbrella for about 20 minutes with no luck, I decided to just run quickly to the car, grab the pants and run back in. As I was running to the car, I fell. Hard. In the mud. This wasn't a graceful fall, it was a big, sad, mud up all over my face, hair and back fall. It was so bad I had to take another shower and wash my hair TWICE.

With that freak show over I decided I had to go to Target and Michaels to pick up a few things. Michaels went pretty smoothly. Target was another story. I rushed around grabbing what I needed, got through the line, paid for my stuff and on my way through the automatic doors the sensors go off telling me I've stolen something and I will be utterly humiliated in front of many people while my child screams bloody murder. I wonder what the heck it could have been that I walked out of there with when I look down in front of me to Max who is bawling in his stroller and notice a bright red Elmo sitting in his lap. Apparently he had grabbed it off a shelf when I wasn't looking and in my haste to get a fussy baby out of the store, hadn't realized I was walking out with it. I kind of panicked at that point and said "Oh, I'm so sorry, I'll pay for it." So not only did I teach my son a wonderful lesson (if you steal it and get caught, mommy will buy it for you anyway) but I ended up spending $12 for a stupid Elmo doll (that Max now carries around kissing and rocking like a little baby).

To make matters worse, when I finally fled to the safety of my car, I couldn't find Max's blanket (this is THE blanket, the one he hardly ever lets of out his sight). I realized he must have dropped it somewhere in the store. So I had to go BACK into the store and run around looking for it. I even asked the woman at the front desk who looked at me like I was nuts. By a miracle I'm sure, I found the blanket, made it to the car and drove home, crying all the way.

On top of all of that, Max wouldn't take a nap the whole day. He becomes impossibly impossible when he doesn't get a nap.

It was the worst day ever. Ever. Ever ever.

But I can't be mad at this face... look at how cute he is!!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

that's such an awful account-- the fall, the mud, the target nightmare. yikes. glad you survived.

sally said...

nina, i am so sorry about your day...but i want to see max with that elmo doll! :) that must be so cute kissing and hugging - i love it! have any pictures of it?

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

Hey Nina- Don't you just want to sit down and cry on those days?! But you can't of course because one of you is already crying. Who is supposed to take care of the mommy anyway?
We are between houses right now. we are staying with my parents until we move back to school after the holidays. We move into our new place on January the 5th- I am not sure of the address yet but I will get it to you then!

tawni said...

Wow. That is so funny. I had that day today. We should share stories. I want to vent sometimes and only have my mom to call. Next time I am calling you!!!

Anonymous said...

that was really good .