Monday, September 17, 2007

Quarantined


We've had to quarantine Max the last two days. Okay, so not really, but he does have a rash that in the olden days would have made him quarantined. On Sunday morning he woke up with what looked like little swollen mosquito bites on his face. By the time he was done eating breakfast it had morphed into this huge red patch and spread all over his cheeks, arms, legs and bottom. It wasn't on his chest, stomach or back though.

We took him to the emergency room, not because it was an emergency, but because it was the only place open early on a Sunday morning. We waited for three hours to finally be seen for (literally) 10 seconds by the attending physician. All of that for him to tell us that he needed some Benadryl and rest.

Poor little kid, we doped him up with Benadryl and put him straight to bed and he slept for like four hours.

He woke up this morning still covered in rash and it had spread to his chest. My step-dad said that it wasn't that big of a deal. It's nothing serious, just some kind of rash caused by a random virus. It looks a lot worse than it is. And, Max is lucky that it doesn't itch since it covers every inch of his body, including his joints which are swollen. His ears were pretty swollen, too.

Let's hope he gets better SOON!!

Here's a slide show to get the full effect:

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Tyler and Nina--

This is Tyler's friend Rachel (Welton) from Stockton. I was googling old friends a while ago and was happy to find your blog! Max is a beautiful baby (he always looks so happy!) and I've enjoyed catching up on your family. I hadn't heard much about you since receiving your wedding announcement, which feels like long ago! My husband Jeremy and I are living in Syracuse, NY, where Jeremy is in his second year of a PhD program in geography. I mostly stay at home with our daughter, Clara, and I also teach a few sections of freshman composition at the community college here. Anyway, I hope all is well, and thanks again for sharing your life with old friends--even though I'm sure that wasn't your original intent! Feel free to check our our blog at b-bog.blogspot.com.

Love,
Rachel

mariah said...

OMG that's awfull! Poor baby Max. Sorry you guys had to go through this. Hope you feel better little man.

The Del Pegos said...

Poor Baby!!! He looks so sad...probably because he feels horrible, I hope he is well now.

tawni said...

Oh my word...Sofia has the same exact one right now! I was going to rush her to the medi center but the Dr told me to watch her breathing and for a fever and then take her in. She got it on Friday and still has it so I am taking her in tomorrow. She acts fine though like nothing is wrong. I have been freaking out. Im sooo glad Max has it too. You know what is funny? It has to be something here in SD, cause we were there and then she caught it!! We came with some friends from church and right when we got here she got it. Hmmmmm...

Whats up with this rash?? What else did they tell you? Email me...