Friday, July 13, 2007

Is it that time already?

I guess it's time to start the countdown to official toddlerhood -- Max's one year birthday!! He'll be one on July 30, only a couple weeks from now. As I sit here watching Dr. Phil, eating an ice pop, I think not much has changed since last year at this time. If I remember correctly, if someone had walked into my living room a year ago today they probably would have seen the same thing.

Except there actually have been lots of changes. Instead of nice adult things like floor plants and coffee tables, we have plastic tubs full of toys, a little denim arm chair, balls, blocks and what seems like hundreds of little framed pictures of a beautiful baby boy hanging on the walls.


But, truth be told, a year ago this week I was sitting right here on my $32 couch from eBay, nursing my terribly swollen cankled sun-burned feet, praying that I would go into real labor or that the baby would decide to just walk on out of my womb, wishing Tyler were home from work to get me some water since standing made me want to die.

Today I look around my messy house and can't help but smile when I see that sweet smiling face of my little man smiling back at me from [expertly hung] picture frames. Life is much better this year than it was last year, much better.

No comments: