Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Turning 27

Yes, it was my birthday. I'm in my late 20's. And as much as I try not to think about all the depressing things that come with getting older, I can't help it. And my actual birthday day didn't help much. The car died and we cost us about $800 to fix. So being stuck inside the house stranded all day with two cranky kids was not a birthday I want to have again. But, I guess the car could have been worse, and we picked it up that night and went to dinner at Benihana. And later that weekend we went to Dumpling Inn with the Bakers and had a lot of fun and yummy food. So in the end, I guess it wasn't so bad. I just don't look forward to birthdays like I used to. Sigh...

2 comments:

Jen said...

At least you weren't in labor on your birthday. :D I was last year so I really didn't have much of a birthday. I think I finally got a birthday cake on New Year's Eve... And we never really did anything special. It is cool to share a birthday with little James but it's totally not a fun way to spend your birthday! (Hey, and at least you didn't turn 29 this year! I'll be 29 in December... AH!)

Nina said...

true jen... that would have been the icing on the cake! although, if i had been in labor this year on my birthday i would have freaked out!!! not knowing i was pregnant and all :)

and i did get some great presents!