Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy...

{HALLOWEEN}

Halloween is my favorite holiday! Not because I like candy (which I do, but it's not a staple in my diet). I love the season, the scariness, the costumes, the history, autumn, caramel apples, apple cider, powdered donuts, haunted houses (the idea of them, not actually going to them), witches, ghosts -- I love it all!

This year Max was a dinosaur. He was ADORABLE!


And Mattie was supposed to be a ladybug but refused to wear the costume so she was a witch again. Still SOO CUTE!

My mom and I were going to take the kids trick-or-treating around her neighborhood but decided it would be more traumatic than fun for them, plus, we didn't want them to have candy. So, they were having a little Halloween party here at Mesa at the park and we took them there. It was pretty fun, Max and Mattie had fun people watching. There were tons of little kids dressed up in their cute costumes and yummy healthy food. It was the perfect thing to do on Halloween for little kids who don't know about trick-or-treating yet.

Then Tyler and I had cider and powdered donuts after Max went to bed. It was a nice Halloween.


4 comments:

Molly said...

the cutest little dinosaur ever! So I'm totally flattered that you asked if I made Jessica's costume ;) but sadly I have no skills in the sewing dept! We actually borrowed it from Nick's sister; her daughter used it years ago and she had someone make it for her, so lucky us!

Nancy said...

you've got a pretty cute dinosaur on your hands, nina :)

Molly said...

hey nina! I just tagged you- check my blog for directions :)

The Del Pegos said...

Max looks so cute, Mattie does too!